Sunday, April 6

As Each Day Dawns~


So here hath been dawning
Another blue day;
Think, wilt thou let it
Slip useless away?
                         ~Thomas Carlyle

Day dawns. 

Our lives are measured by time.  It ticks by tirelessly until the end.  And then?  Where has life gone?

We have only one life to live, which God gave to us.  We have the choice to either squander it recklessly or live it to the fullest!  Which wilt thou choose?  

Death.  It's a reality.  And one of the freakiest facts about it is that we never know when it will sneak up on us.  So, basically, the whole point is - we have to be ready when death comes.  That is when we will be asked how we have lived the life that God bestowed upon us.  

Okay, let's move away from the morbid stuff.  ;)  I have chosen to make the following resolution:  to try and live my life, following God's will, seeking truth, striving toward holiness, not wasting a single precious minute.  It sounds hard, but the key to everything is being aware of the present moment.

~ This blog will be a journal of my aspirations and musings.  Most of it will be simple.  Reading the writings of the saints. Learning to be more industrious around the house.  Appreciating the beauty around me.  Playing with a sibling.  Writing a heartfelt letter to a dear friend instead of just shooting an email.  Taking more time to pray.  The list goes on, but especially: doing everything with love and joy.  Truly living.  

Will you join me?  Just think of being able to say at the end of life, like Sydney Carton:  It is a far, far better thing that I do than I have ever done” ("Tale of Two Cities").  


God bless!  
Melvina~

~/~/~
This is why I was born and why I have come into the world – to bear witness to the truth.” 
~John 18:37

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog so much! You have the most beautiful thoughts, quotes, design, and everything. (I am like, obsessed with amazing, inspirational quotes. Can never get enough of them... XD) Really looking forward to reading more of your writing and meeting you through this blog! :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn, thank you! I was just thinking that I could run the whole blog on quotes. xD Whatever inspiring thought I have, someone is bound to have said it before - and with better expression. :) Anyway, your blog is so thoughtful. I'm glad we've been introduced. God bless you!

      Delete
  2. This is the most beautiful blog! :) I LOVE the quotes. The gospel of Saint John, and then the Sydney Carton! Kindred spirits, yes? Do you mind it if I share it with my friends? <3 I can't wait to get to know you more, and I thought you'd enjoy this from Saint Padre Pio - http://feastofsaints.com/padrepioprayer.htm. Beautiful, beautiful prayer. Anyway. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Peregrin! Your blog is extremely inspiring for me - definitely kindred spirits! :) I'm happy to share...and I have a suspicious inkling that I will be sharing your thoughts as well sometime in the future. PADRE PIO. That just made my day. God bless you too!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Blog, Beautiful Post! I love it! So inspirations! And I love blog posts with quote! :) Thanks for sharing!

    God bless!
    http://madeleineandesther.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Courteous discussion is most welcome. God bless!