Tuesday, April 15

[Life Through Death] Inspiration~

O Saviour of the world, O Love of souls, O Lord most lovely of all beings!  Thou by Thy passion didst come to win to Thyself our hearts, by showing us the immense love that Thou didst bear us in accomplishing a redemption which has brought to us a sea of benedictions, and which has cost Thee a sea of pains and ignominies.

O my Jesus!  I pray Thee make me always remember Thy passion; and grant that I also, a miserable sinner, overcome at last by so many loving devices, may return to love Thee, and to show Thee, by my poor love, some mark of gratitude for the excessive love which Thou, my God and Saviour, hast borne to me.

And thou, O most holy Virgin Mary, who didst take so great a part in the passion of thy Son, obtain for me, I beseech thee, through the merits of thy sorrows, the grace to experience a taste of that compassion which thou didst so sensibly feel at the death of Jesus, and obtain for me also a spark of that love which wrought all the martyrdom of thy afflicted heart.

Amen.

~Saint Alphonsus Liguori

1 comment:

  1. This is so, so gorgeous! Saint Alphonsus has the most lovely writing, doesn't he? And that crucifix... Wow. It's so lifelike and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Courteous discussion is most welcome. God bless!